The Ultra quiet LV8729 4-layer Substrate Stepper Motor Driver module with 128 subdivisions is a Best suited Moter Driver for Nema stepper motor whose current is less than 1.5A, which makes motor steady, quiet and precise.
The LV8729 is a PWM current-controlled micro step bipolar stepping motor driver. This driver can perform eight times of excitation of the second phase to 32W1-second phase and can drive simply by the CLK input.
It has a wide range of Operating voltage range i.e. 6V-36V, the proposed voltage is 12V Support subdivisions of 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 with product Process of four-layer PCB board. In the 64 subdivision or 128 subdivision controller, it has a better ultra-quiet effect.
Dimensions: 1.5mm*2.0mm (same as A4988 and DRV8825)
Maximum drive current: 1.8A (factory default 0.8A)
Maximum voltage: 36V (usually 12V)
Support subdivision: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
Product Process: Four-layer PCB board
Product weight: 5g
Driver current algorithm and its adjustment:
1. Driver current formula:l=Vref/(Rs*5),Rs=0.220hm,lmax=1.8A, so the default current 0.8A, and maximum current 1.5A
2. Please DO NOT connect the motors when measuring the voltage, or it’s easy to burn the drive.
3. Please connect both the power supply and the USB for power when measuring the voltage.
4. Minor adjustment for potentiometer driver. Adjust it again after measurement to avoid burning driver by excessive current.
5. To increase the current by rotating the potentiometer clockwise slowly, and anticlockwise to reduce.